Use Your Gold is our contribution to the Circular Jewellery movement, our way of minimising the environmental impact of the jewellery industry and adding value to your forgotten gold, making bespoke jewellery more accessible.
This comprehensive service streamlines the made-to-order process by allowing you to select from our edit a new design to be made using your own gold. Indeed, you might be possessing old gold jewellery which doesn’t quite match your personality or scraps of gold from broken bits. Upcycling your unworn gold jewellery will enable you to retain its value whilst enjoying a brand new piece of jewellery with a modern design.
Each jewellery item will be crafted in-house using the traditional Delft Clay method of casting or drawn into wire from your melted ingot.
How does Use Your Gold work?
Step 1: Choose your jewellery from our Use Your Gold edit
Each style is listed with the required weight of gold to supply. (You can weight it with a baking scale)
Step 2: Pay the £80 deposit
Your deposit will be deduced off the final price.
Step 3: Send us your gold via insured and recorded shipping
Royal Mail 1st class Signed-for will cover over £2500 with their insurance.
Step 4: Receive our confirmation
Upon reception, we will check the weight and carat of your gold and contact you with a confirmation that we have enough to make your desired piece. You will receive any left-over gold back by post together with your finished piece after completion of the final payment.
- If your gold is a mix of different carats, your jewellery will be hallmarked as the lowest carat in. If you would like to raise the carat, we can do it via our Conscious Bespoke service
- If your gold is not suitable for the project and/or you don’t agree with the proposal, we will send your gold back with free shipping and refund your deposit.
Step 5: We’ll make your jewellery
Once you’ve approved the proposal, we will start making your jewellery in-house. Please allow 3-4 weeks to complete your order.
Step 6: Hallmark
Your piece will be Hallmarked by the London Assay Office. Find more information about the Hallmark here.
Step 7: We’ll ship your jewellery
We will send you a picture of your final jewellery and post it together with any left-over gold with free shipping after your final payment (via bank transfer) has cleared.
Things to remember before placing your order:
- We only take yellow and rose gold to simplify the process due to the complex nature of white gold & platinum.
- Melting gold is not straight forward therefore each order will be reviewed individually after receiving your gold, testing its carat and measuring its weight.
- If you didn’t find in our edit the right design for you, please consider using our Conscious Bespoke service where we’ll be able to create something completely unique for you.
Feel free to contact us with any question via firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also happy to set up a Zoom meeting if you would like to discuss anything further.